Becoming an Effective Leader
Management. Leadership. Two oft quoted terms for people who head up organizations, departments and teams.
So, what’s the difference? Can you only be one and not the other? Where are the commonalities and variances between the two?
This program will demystify the challenges many managers have when they are asked to become ‘leaders’ in their organization and it’s not clear how they can do this within their current role.
Participants will need to be ready to take full part in this program to get the highest value and be assured, we will have lots of fun along the way too!
Who is This Useful For?
Managers, executives and business owners who need to understand that management can be significantly enhanced with a clear understanding of just what leadership is all about – and bring it within their role to their advantage.
Key Competencies and Skills Addressed
- Developing others
- Business focus
- Strategic thinking
- Communication skills
- Effective delegation
- Building successful teams
Key Learning Outcomes
- The distinctions between leadership and management
- Understanding strategy and tactical business focus
- The leader’s role in an organization
- Blending leadership and management successfully
- What makes a great leader
- What leaders do – and don’t do
- Simple leadership activities to start tomorrow
- Leadership and succession planning
As a Result of this Program Participants will be able to:
Recognize and integrate appropriate levels of leadership within their current role and how to significantly add value through introducing leadership skills as an additional enhancement to their key role.
- Pre-course preparation work and reading
- Program workbook
- Post-program activities to reinforce and apply learning (this can be supported with one-to-one coaching for an additional fee).
To maximize value, this is delivered in one full day of experiential activity, 9am – 5pm with limited breaks.
Will depend on the client’s needs – contact us below to discuss.
Additional information and requirements specific to this program
- An effective group size for this program is up to 12 people
- A good-sized training room suitable for 12 people, with informal break out space for up to 4 groups
- Minimum 3 flipcharts, pens, paper etc. and an overhead projector
This program can be delivered worldwide – contact us for details of any additional costs.