Career Development That Works
Helping your people to develop their careers might sound a bit like you are tempting them away to other opportunities.
The truth is when you don’t make the effort to help them develop and grow, you are much more likely to lose them – the support, encouragement and chance to grow are very attractive.
By helping them build their skills and competencies, you create an engaged and motivated workforce and get a highly talented team who will deliver above and beyond expectations (yours and theirs!).
This fun, participative program will help you see the value in investing time in the development of the careers of all your people.
Who is This Useful For?
Business owners, managers and supervisors who want to know more about the way to extract great value from developing the careers of their people.
Key Competencies and Skills Addressed
- Developing others
- Business focus
- Interpersonal understanding
- Succession planning
- Strategic thinking
- Career development
- Communication skills
- Effective delegation
- Building successful teams
Key Learning Outcomes
- The value of an engaged workforce
- How career development is ‘win-win’
- The key steps to helping develop careers
- Managing time effectively
- Strategic manpower planning
- Turning your people on to their potential
- Activities to engage and grow capability
As a Result of this Program Participants will be able to:
Understand the value of career development for their people and create a suite of easy-to-use activities that will engage and enable them to self-develop and release potential
- Pre-course preparation work and reading
- Program workbook
- Post-program activities to reinforce and apply learning (this can be supported with one-to-one coaching for an additional fee).
To maximize value, this is delivered in two full days of experiential activity, 9am – 5pm with limited breaks.
Will depend on the client’s needs – contact us below to discuss.
Additional information and requirements specific to this program
- An effective group size for this program is up to 16 people
- A good-sized training room suitable for 16 people, with informal break out space for up to 4 groups
- Minimum 3 flipcharts, pens, paper etc. and an overhead projector
This program can be delivered worldwide – contact us for details of any additional costs.