Easy Steps to Dealing with Difficult People
We all come across difficult people in our everyday experiences.
When you are in a management role, you may well have to come across them as employees, customers and clients as well as other business relationships.
So, you are often in the firing line.
This program will help you with that. There are tried and tested techniques for dealing with difficult people and this program will provide you with these.
Uniquely, the program also goes where others fail to, by helping you prevent any relationship getting the critical stage.
As a participant, you will work with your colleagues in experiential settings where you learn and apply the skills needed to make the most of the difficult people.
Who is This Useful For?
Actually anyone who comes across difficult people in the workplace. They may be managers and supervisors who have challenges with difficult team members and others who face challenging situations in their daily activities.
Key Competencies and Skills Addressed
- Interpersonal relationships
- Impact and influence
- Employee relationships
- Dealing with difficult people
- Communication skills
- Customer service
- Personal development
- Developing others
- Building successful teams
Key Learning Outcomes
- Preventing difficult situations arising
- Using language skills to manage difficult people
- Building positive relationships
- Anger management
- Recognizing ‘hot buttons’
- Almost-magic words and phrases
- Challenging situation tactics
- Maintaining position
- Leveraging difficult people to be allies
As a Result of this Program Participants will be able to:
Effectively manage situations where difficult people are an issue and then turning these challenges into positive and productive relationships.
- Pre-course preparation work and reading
- Program workbook
- Post-program activities to reinforce and apply learning (this can be supported with one-to-one coaching for an additional fee).
To maximize value, this is delivered in one full day of experiential activity, 9am – 5pm with limited breaks.
Will depend on the client’s needs – contact us below to discuss.
Additional information and requirements specific to this program
- An effective group size for this program is up to 16 people
- A good-sized training room suitable for 16 people, with informal break out space for up to 4 groups
- Minimum 3 flipcharts, pens, paper etc. and an overhead projector
This program can be delivered worldwide – contact us for details of any additional costs.