Highly Effective Objective Setting
Some might say that ‘objectives’ are the rather boring part of a sterile performance management process.
And for many on the receiving end, this is what they have become – the hand-me-down corporate-speak objectives bearing little relationship to the people who have to sign up to them.
Not any more! Whether you are inside a corporate structured process or creating your own and don’t know the route to take, this program works for you.
To get full value in this program, you will need to get involved fully, share some of your challenges as well as get hands-on experience of using a simple series of tactics to get you – and your people moving again.
Who is This Useful For?
Anyone who wants to manage performance of their team effectively, with a structured and still flexible approach to objective setting , whilst keeping the time taken down, growing pretty capable employees.
Key Competencies and Skills Addressed
- Developing others
- Business focus
- Communication skills
- Impact and influence
- Interpersonal skills
- Performance management
- Objective setting
- Effective delegation
- Building successful teams
Key Learning Outcomes
- The challenges of performance management
- Objective setting goals
- Where responsibilities lie
- Making objective setting easy and value-creating
- Developing capable individuals
- Coping strategies
- SMART with P to make things happen
As a Result of this Program Participants will be able to:
Work closely with employees to create compelling, exciting and highly relevant objectives that deliver for the individual, the organization and the manager. Putting the fun back into performance management!
- Pre-course preparation work and reading
- Program workbook
- Post-program activities to reinforce and apply learning (this can be supported with one-to-one coaching for an additional fee).
To maximize value, this is delivered in one full day of experiential activity, 9am – 5pm with limited breaks.
Will depend on the client’s needs – contact us below to discuss.
Additional information and requirements specific to this program
- An effective group size for this program is up to 12 people
- A good-sized training room suitable for 12 people, with informal break out space for up to 4 groups
- Minimum 3 flipcharts, pens, paper etc. and an overhead projector
This program can be delivered worldwide – contact us for details of any additional costs.