One of the most critical skills for any leader to have is the ability to have people deliver what’s needed. And not every member of the team will be on the same page as you.
Through life and workplace experience, individuals respond in many different ways to instructions and softer requests from above, so it’s vital to have a range of flexible skills to influence people.
During this workshop, participants will learn the skills needed to interact constructively and productively with a number of different attitudes and behaviours and how to adopt their own style to get the best from their people.
Who is This Useful For?
This program will help enhance the communication skills of those who need to influence others. This might be those leading a team, other colleagues, customers and other stakeholders.
It’s a program that suits anyone who needs to create mutually beneficial relationships with others in both private and public scenarios.
Key Competencies and Skills Addressed
- Impact and influence
- Interpersonal understanding
- Communication skills
- Relationship building
- Communication skills
- Value of influencing skills
- Dealing with difficult people
- Communication in influencing
- Appreciating perspectives
- Overcoming influencing challenges
- Flexibility vs compromise
- Overcoming ego
- The benefits of win-win
- Investing in creating trust
- Easy rapport building
- Difference between influence & manipulation
As a Result of this Program Participants will be able to:
Use a practical toolkit of concepts to influence the behaviours and responses of others with whom they interact, both over time and infrequently. This will help achieve efficient, effective and positive outcomes in even the most challenging of circumstances.
- Pre-course preparation work and reading
- Program workbook
- Post-program activities to reinforce and apply learning (this can be supported with one-to-one coaching for an additional fee).
To maximize value, this is delivered in two full days of experiential activity, 9am – 5pm with limited breaks.
Will depend on the client’s needs – contact us below to discuss.
Additional information and requirements specific to this program
- An effective group size for this program is up to 12 people
- A good-sized training room suitable for 12 people, with informal break out space for up to 4 groups
- Minimum 3 flipcharts, pens, paper etc. and an overhead projector
This program can be delivered worldwide – contact us for details of any additional costs.