Managing Meetings with Focus
Meetings get a bad press. Yet the truth is, not only are meetings a fact of life, when used properly, they are a vital component of any organization, department or team. Utilized to their full potential, meeting offer resources to be found nowhere else.
This program shows how to leverage the value from each and every meeting you have; become effective and efficient; become ultra-productive in outputs and even use meetings as a developmental tool for the individuals who show up.
This is a highly interactive and fun program where everyone attending will look at meetings like never before, realizing their enormous potential, where maybe in the past this was not the case.
Who is This Useful For?
Anyone who runs or attends meetings in any organization. Great for managers who lead a meeting expecting results that make a difference. Perfect for attendees whjo want to influence meetings to create vibrant productive and timely progress,
Key Competencies and Skills Addressed
- Developing others
- Business focus
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Relationship building
- Building successful teams
Key Learning Outcomes
- How to run an effective meeting
- Key points to manage participants
- Ground rules for everyone
- Meeting behaviors – getting the best from everyone
- Scrutinizing the value of meetings
- When to – and when not to – hold a meeting
- How best to avoid – and where appropriate ‘park’ – off-topic content
- ACTion points and how to make them work
- Developing individual meeting attendees
- Agendas and their ownership
- Key pre- and post- meeting activities
As a Result of this Program Participants will be able to:
Deliver value-creating meetings, with engaged and enthusiastic participants, when, and only when there is a real need. Effectively manage the progress of meeting outcomes and accountabilities.
- Pre-course preparation work
- Program workbook
- ACTion worksheets
- Post-program activities to reinforce and apply learning (this can be supported with one-to-one coaching for an additional fee).
To maximize value, this is delivered in one full day of experiential activity, 9am – 5pm with limited breaks.
Will depend on the client’s needs – contact us below to discuss.
Additional information and requirements specific to this program
- An effective group size for this program is up to 16 people
- A good-sized training room suitable for 16 people, with informal break out space for up to 4 groups
- Minimum 3 flipcharts, pens, paper etc. and an overhead projector
This program can be delivered worldwide – contact us for details of any additional costs.