New to Management – First 100 Days to Success
The first 100 days in any management role are the most important you will ever experience.
As you set your seal on the role you play, you will forge a set of behaviors that will stay with you throughout your management career.
We know, we’ve been there and done it, as well as supported managers in this situation many times.
This program will ensure those steps you take are the right ones, leading your to career success in this new, exciting role.
If you are ready to stretch and challenge yourselves, have fun and be prepared to get involved, then, for a newer manager, this is the perfect program for you.
Who is This Useful For?
Supervisors and managers who are about to step into, or have recently taken on a new role managing people in a business context, wherever that may be.
Key Competencies and Skills Addressed
- Developing others
- Business focus
- Managing performance
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Relationship building
- Building successful teams
Key Learning Outcomes
- Vital first management steps
- Key activities that will lock in success
- Areas not to focus on – at least at this stage
- Creating goals and expectations for the first 100 days
- Visioning success
- Understanding the people in your care
- Being creative around the new role
- Understanding the needs of your people
- What ‘good’ looks like
- Pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Sharing experiences and developing a learning and sharing culture
- Preparing for the ‘middle phase’ of your management
As a Result of this Program Participants will be able to:
Achieve a focused success strategy for their first 100 days in their new management role, leading to longer-term and sustainable development of the business through the people on the team.
- Pre-course preparation work
- Program workbook
- Post-program activities to reinforce and apply learning (this can be supported with one-to-one coaching for an additional fee)
To maximize value, this is delivered in two full days of experiential activity, 9am – 5pm with limited breaks.
Will depend on the client’s needs – contact us below to discuss.
Additional information and requirements specific to this program
- An effective group size for this program is up to 12 participants
- Motivated, enthusiastic and energetic participants who are ready to test themselves in a challenging workshop-style program
- A good-sized training room suitable for 12 participants, with informal break out space for up to 4 groups.
- Minimum 3 flipcharts, pens, paper etc. and an overhead projector
This program can be delivered worldwide – contact us for details of any additional costs.