Succession Planning Simplified
Building an effective business team, with engaged and motivated employees is challenge enough. How do you keep that going?
This program will enable managers, supervisors and HR teams recognize the value of an effective succession planning process that maintains tactical business focus, whilst developing a sustainable future.
Succession planning is a live and worthwhile business activity that can – and indeed must – be active and in place every single day. It is readily deliverable, with minimal impact on busy manager’s lives, in all situations at minimal additional cost.
This is a program where participants need to be prepared to have some limiting beliefs reversed and many assumptions challenged. In the extended (3-day) program, each participant will be led through their own succession planning activity with their real teams, ready to implement immediately in their workplace.
Who is This Useful For?
Anyone who runs a team, of any size, and wants to have a sustainable and progressive future, whatever unexpected challenges may crop up. More, this will also lead to short-and longer-term gains providing added tactical benefits as well.
Key Competencies and Skills Addressed
- Developing others
- Business focus
- Strategic thinking
- Succession planning
- Managing change
- Communication skills
- Impact and influence
- Effective delegation
- Building successful teams
Key Learning Outcomes
- The value of succession planning
- What succession planning is
- Short vs long-term gain – the conflicts
- Utilising every member of your team to the full
- Using delegation as a valueable succession planning tool
- How performance management fits with succession planning
- Coping with people resources emergencies
- Team analysis and development
- Buddying and sharing skills
- Creating multi-skilled employees
- Maximizing team spirit
- Fitting the ‘I’ into TEAM
As a Result of this Program Participants will be able to:
Create a self-sustaining team now and into the future leading to significant organizational benefits, motivated employees and a great place to work.
- Pre-course preparation work and reading
- Program workbook
- Post-program activities to reinforce and apply learning (this can be supported with one-to-one coaching for an additional fee).
To maximize value, this is highly effective program is delivered in two full days of experiential activity, 9am – 5pm with limited breaks. A three day program is optional for those wishing to work through their individual succession planning process live.
Will depend on the client’s needs – contact us below to discuss. An additional module is an optional extra with 8 x 1 hour conference calls for an additional fee.
Additional information and requirements specific to this program
- An effective group size for this program is up to 16 people
- A good-sized training room suitable for 16 people, with informal break out space for up to 4 groups
- Minimum 3 flipcharts, pens, paper etc. and an overhead projector
This program can be delivered worldwide – contact us for details of any additional costs.